Saturday, February 15, 2014

Visit to Wisconsin!!

Hello,

I have been so busy lately....and also a teensy bit lazy.  I've been meaning to post for months, but just hadn't gotten to it. I wanted to make a post about Wisconsin, although it was about 4 months ago.  Me and Jason enjoyed a trip back to Wisconsin to see my sweet sister, Lauren, one last time before she left for her mission to Iquitos, Peru.  It was a very enjoyable time and the weather was unseasonably warm for Wisconsin, we were lucky enough to enjoy 70s weather all week!  Although I don't miss the cold weather from Wisconsin, being in a desert really makes me long for the beautiful green grass and endless number of large, gorgeous trees. And this is also especially true for me as a runner. I love the trees and the shade and variety they provide on outdoor runs.  But here in the desert,  my runs are basically me vs. sun. There are definitely pros and cons to both areas, and as for now, I'm mostly in love with Arizona, but there's still those moments where I wish I could have the best of both worlds. 


One of the best parts of visiting was being able to be there for Lauren to get her endowment at the Chicago, IL temple. It was a very beautiful experience.

The beautiful future sister missionary! (at the time)


We found an authentic Peruvian restaurant while in Chicago. The food was delish and it was fun talking to our waiter because he was from Peru and had some cool things to tell us.

High Cliff Park, not only a beautiful view but a meaningful place for us because it's where Jason proposed to me almost 3 years ago.




The beautiful trees that I miss!! And an adorable little dog that I miss as well.

The subtle beginnings of autumn colored leaves. We left before the colors really became vibrant.



We decided to take a day and go up to sturgeon bay and admire the beautiful views and do some hiking. It was totally worth it.

Me and the hubby again :)



Alyssa and Jason so proud of their rock tower that clearly dwarfed all surrounding rock stacks.

**SiStErS**<3

Alyssa walking along the whitefish dunes shoreline

We  were so lucky to be able to visit with Celeste and finally got to meet cute little Jonah! Last time I saw her, he was still in her belly. :)

Marvel at our mad artistic skills (or tracing skills). Either way, they turned out awesome! :)



Overall, it was an awesome time. Can't wait to go back and visit again. :)

Jen<3

No comments:

Post a Comment